Snort mailing list archives

RE: Need a bit of help about Snort and PCAP 3

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:24:28 -0800

What error does it create in the application log?

Try making the service interactive with windows and run it that way to test
your service install:

1) Go to services
2) Scroll down to the 'snort' service
3) Right-click on the 'snort' service and select 'Properties'
4) Left-click the 'Log on' tab
5) Tick the 'Allow the service to interact with desktop' radio button
6) Left-click 'Apply'
7) Left-click 'OK'
8) Right-click the 'snort' service
9) Left-click 'Stop'
10) Right-click the 'snort' service
11) Left-click 'Start'

This will cause a command window to open on the desktop when the service is
started in item 11. You should get more information on what the problem is.

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member
--