Snort mailing list archives

Need a bit of help about Snort and PCAP 3

From: "Stephan Lantos" <Stephan () na org>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:07:31 -0800

Hello all,

I just installed Snort 2.3.0RC2 with WinPCAP 3.0, as well as PHP, Acid,
etc.  The configuration was relatively easy, I got ACID working (which
may be a miracle), but whenever SNORT tries to run as a service I get
the following error:

"OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:

            parse error

PCAP command: =1"

Now, I know snort is working because from the command line, I can do
snort -v or snort -v i1 and in each case it does fine.

I only have one Etrhernet card installed, so I know that 1 is the
setting for it.  What am I doing wrong?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Stephan Lantos

IT Manager

NA World Services

stephan () na org

818.773.9999 x181

This email was sent on 2/23/05 at 10:07 AM.