Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort in win32

From: James Riden <j.riden () massey ac nz>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:47:13 +1300

"Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com> writes:

   If you can't even get Snort to work using Windows, how in the hell are
   you EVER going to get LINUX to work?

'apt-get install snort' ?

Just to point out the obvious: if you're used to Linux, Linux is
easier and if you're used to Windows, Windows is easier. I'm onto my
8th or so installation on UNIX and haven't done any Windows ones yet,
so I'd find it harder to get a Win32 version going than a Linux one.

--
James Riden / j.riden () massey ac nz / Systems Security Engineer