Snort mailing list archives

Re: Airsnort and subject lines

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:15:58 -0500

At 01:36 PM 2/21/2005, Dennis Propson wrote:
Pardon me if this is not the place to discuss AirSnort issues, but; I've
installed AirSnort on an XP-loaded laptop, with Airopeek.  Wild Packets does
not list the D-Link DWL-AG660 as a supported nic.  I've not heard back from
Wild Packets about this.  Does anyone know if another driver will suffice or
do I have to try it with another card?

First, two suggestions for the future:

1) use a reasonable subject. "Snort list - old postings - check dates before responding" has nothing to do with airsnort, airopeek, or anything else. A proper subject line will attract the attention of people who understand your problem. Many of us read this list in "subject skim" mode.

2) some users and list archives thread posts, so if you want to be seen, create a new post, don't reply to someone else's post. (note: editing the subject line doesn't count as a new post. Threading systems will see the "In-Reply-To:" message header.)

The AG660 uses a newer chipset from Atheros than the AG650 and is not driver-level compatible.

I know it took a little while for the Linux drivers to catch up and support this card, but the latest ones available outside the mainstream kernel do support it.

 I suspect wildpackets is in the same situation.