Snort mailing list archives

Re: Hardware Specs

From: Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:32:46 +0100

El vie, 11-02-2005 a las 09:57 -0500, Steve Baker escribió:
Hey guys,

I'm, in the process of specing out a machine to handle streams from 3
(possibly scalable to 6) 100 mb connections with no plans to upgrade
to gigE at any point in the near future.

6 100mb streams it's a whole lot of traffic, man...
If you need to run a snort with this traffic you will need
a lot of computer power. But it all depends on how much
occupied the connections will be. If they are full you
can go and search for "gigabyte snort" in google :-)

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC