Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID Dates

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:59:17 -0800

BASE is an extension of ACID. Although you may not see visible changes, the
code has been updated, and there have been enhancements added. As far as the
time to refresh the database; it has always been there and that could be a
great concern to many. My suggestion is to keep the database down to under
300k alerts and increase memory to 1GB. I really don't think there is much
that can be done here, other then changing the schema of the database, and
the way BASE access the new database schema.

I've never tried OpenAanval, so I really can't comment. I know it's tied to
the commercial product Aanval, and there are usage restrictions, unlike ACID
or BASE which have none. That's why my guides continue to be distributed
with BASE as the Console of our choice.

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member