Snort mailing list archives

Cannot start snort

From: Narayan Sivaramakrishnan <nsivaram () mix wvu edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:58:20 -0500

Hi all,
I am trying to install snort on my office linux box.i am not able to start snort. When i try doing so i get the following error:
Starting snort: excvp: cannot find file or directory.
I am, very new to linux say just a week old. your advice would be of great help to me.Please do not use linux jargons.A simple and detailed answer would be of immense help.
advanced thanks for any help from anyone.
Thank you,