Snort mailing list archives

RE: SNORT IDS Login Issues

From: hchlai () netscape net (Hugo)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 03:35:11 -0500

Did you create a password file using Apache htpasswd? The error message is an Apache directory access error, it has
nothing to do with snort.conf or mysql.

Hugo

Pradeep Aswani <pradeepg_aswani () yahoo com> wrote:

Dear Friends,

I have installed Snort , ACID, PHP, mySQL with Apache
on FEDORA CORE 2 Linux, it was working fine when i
first installed configured everything.

But when I rebooted the system, & tried to login to
the snort VIA ACID Console, I get a user & password
PROMPT  window. I supply the username=snort &
password=***** ; these two I created in snort.conf &
also in mysql. I checked up all the services & they
are running fine.
I get the following error:

*****************************

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized
to access the document requested. Either you supplied
the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your
browser doesn't understand how to supply the
credentials required.
Apache/2.0.49 (Fedora) Server at 192.168.0.52 Port 80

Can anybody share their experiences in such an issue.

Thanks everybody,

Best Regards,
Pradeep

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.