Snort mailing list archives

RE: dropping packets

From: "Basselgia, Barry A Mr (NAF Atsugi)" <BABasselgia () atsugi navy mil>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:58:00 +0900

I can't explain the technical reasons why the packets are being dropped.
There are a lot of attempts to explain this if you check the mail list
archive or search google.

I can suggest a solution.  Upgrade your libpcap to the mmap version.  Again,
if you search on google you'll find a info on this.

I had about the same stats you have, upgraded libpcap and now I get 0%
dropped packets.  That's not to say it doesn't drop any packets, but the
number is so small the stats show as 0%.

Barry