Snort mailing list archives

Re: Error in Postgres dbase

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:03:06 -0500

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 06:08, reynald wrote:
Hello,

Can somebody help me resolve this error;

ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index event_pkey

The error occured when i tried to use this command to log alerts on my
ACID using Postgres.
(snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i eth1 -D). It logs the alert but
some rules wont take effect (like blocking of web sites)

However, all of my rules works perfectly fine when i used this command
"snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i eth2 -A fast -D".
The only problem is it wont log to ACID, the logs goes to my
/var/log/snort folder instead.

Any help will be highly appreciated..thanks

-reynald

Hi-

This problem has been around for a while.  BASE, which is a fork of ACID
has a patch in the latest version that fixes it.  If you would like,
upgrading from ACID to BASE is a very simple procedure.  Or if you would
like, I will dig through my email and send you the patch.  You would
need to modify it some before applying it, as BASE has changed the code.

Thanks
Kevin Johnson
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net