Snort mailing list archives

Error in Postgres dbase

From: "reynald" <rtm () cybees com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:08:43 +0800

Hello,

Can somebody help me resolve this error;

ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index event_pkey

The error occured when i tried to use this command to log alerts on my ACID using Postgres.
(snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i eth1 -D). It logs the alert but some rules wont take effect (like blocking of web
sites)

However, all of my rules works perfectly fine when i used this command "snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i eth2 -A fast
-D".
The only problem is it wont log to ACID, the logs goes to my /var/log/snort folder instead.

Any help will be highly appreciated..thanks

-reynald