Snort mailing list archives

Re: Calling all packet monkeys

From: SN ORT <snort_on_acid () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:00:59 -0800 (PST)

Hehe ..."someone brought in a laptop with a foreign
IP"    now there would be a sight to see, plugging in
your own IP and then expecting it to route back in...

OK, so Hi Paul in Dallas. I suspect that the TCP
session may have been started by an internal host that
was src: 161, dst: 135 and that the return traffic is
the answer to an established session over port 135,
and that your ACL allows established sessions first?

Just making sure, is the snmp traffic blocked at both
UDP and TCP? Hope this helps..

Cheese!

Marc

Message: 2