Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort agent installation

From: Jason <security () brvenik com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:49:40 -0500

Jack,

The files immediately available at http://www.snort.org/dl are source code. You will have to download a binary build from http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/ for your operating system or compile the source to use Snort.

It sounds from you mail like you are attempting to use a third party application in addition to Snort. Could you provide more information on your setup so that we can better assist you.

Jack A. Kanimea wrote:
Hi,
   Am trying to install snort sensors (i.e. agent) with console. At moment the installation files is www.snort.org/dll
has only 1 installation files. I am assuming that both agent and console are in 1 files but we just need to configure.
AS anyone done snort agent install to monitor differnet network and report this back to main snort console.
Any help woould be greatly appreciated.
thanks
JackK