Snort mailing list archives

Re: License audit provision

From: Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:12:00 +0100

El mar, 08-03-2005 a las 21:27 -0500, Martin Roesch escribió:
Hi everyone,

I've been seeing several comments around the 'net regarding the audit
provision in the new VRT license and we're aware that people have
concerns with it.  Please be aware that we're looking at it and
evaluating what we want to do.  Any time you get lawyers involved
things sometimes don't work out quite like you were planning.  As I
said a few days ago, we're not a faceless corporation at Sourcefire,
we're a collection of people who are trying to put together a good
compromise that we can all live with.  We understand the concerns with
the the audit provision of the VRT license and we're going to to put
something better together.

The audit provision it's totally illegal in many countries. You can't
do that. It's that simple. You should talk very seriously to your
lawyers because that clause will stop many people from buying your
service. You should be aware of that.

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez