Snort mailing list archives

License audit provision

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:27:18 -0500

Hi everyone,

I've been seeing several comments around the 'net regarding the audit provision in the new VRT license and we're aware that people have concerns with it. Please be aware that we're looking at it and evaluating what we want to do. Any time you get lawyers involved things sometimes don't work out quite like you were planning. As I said a few days ago, we're not a faceless corporation at Sourcefire, we're a collection of people who are trying to put together a good compromise that we can all live with. We understand the concerns with the the audit provision of the VRT license and we're going to to put something better together.

I would like to ask everyone to be patient while we get through the initial phases of getting the new site and services rolled out. There are going to be a few bumps along the way, but at the end of the day I think everyone is going to be happy with the changes and the new site and services. If you see something that looks wrong in the site or license please tell us and we'll look at it. We're people just like you, we overlook things and make mistakes sometimes just like normal people. We're going to make this right so please give us a little time to get the kinks ironed out.

If anyone has any questions or comments please send mail to me or snort-feedback () sourcefire com and we'll get back to you.

     -Marty

--
Sourcefire - Discover.  Determine.  Defend. - http://www.sourcefire.com
Snort: Open Source Intrusion Detection and Prevention - http://www.snort.org