Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort-users digest, Vol 1 #4982 - 10 msgs

From: James Affeld <jamesaffeld () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:21:58 -0800 (PST)

SANS requires an analysis paper from applicants for
its Intrusion Analyst certificate.  Those papers are a
tremendous resource for intrusion detection techniques
and analysis, especially the Honors papers.  In
addition, there are suggested papers for various tools
and techniques cited in their cert. prep. guide:

http://www.giac.org/practicals/guides/gcia.pdf Pages
4-6

Richard Bejtlich _Tao of Network Security Monitoring_
is a really good book.  It doesn't address Snort at
all, but looks at Bro and Prelude.  But IDS is only
one of 4 major types of data he covers.  I found it
incredibly useful if you are really doing this stuff.

Message: 3