Snort mailing list archives

Re: Can't log to MySQL after its upgrade

From: "Senthil Prabu.S" <prabu333 () hotpop com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:15:23 +0530

I just upgraded my MySQL database from version 4.0.22 to 4.1.7 and I
am no longer able to make Snort to log to the database.

The Snort services fail to run (the error is in the Event Viewer is:
."database: mysql_error: Can't initialize character set 33 (path:
default)") and if I try to run it manually, I get the following
error:
- ------------------------------
File 'c:\mysql\\share\charsets?.conf' not found (Errcode: 22)
Character set '#33' is not compiled character set and is not
specified in the 'c:\mysql\\share\Index' file
ERROR: database: mysql_error: Can't initialize character set 33
(path: default)
Fatal Error, Quitting..
- ------------------------------

If your `Index' file doesn't contain the name for the character set, your program will display the following error message:

ERROR 1105: File '/usr/local/share/mysql/charsets/?.conf'
not found (Errcode: 2)
In this case, you should either get a new Index file or manually add the name of any missing character sets to the current file.

SOLUTION:

Just add the following line into "Index" file, a new row (with encoding you can use) : "cp1251 33"

--
HTH,

Senthil Prabu.S

If you are smart enough to know that you're not smart enough to be an
Engineer, then you're in Business.