Snort mailing list archives

RE: Can't log to MySQL after its upgrade

From: "Di Fresco Marco" <difresco.marco () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 23:12:00 +0100

Thanks for the answers. I hope you don't mind if I consolidated the
two answers in one.

Try to see what type of hashing You are use for mysql users
password.  See this:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Old_client.html

Thank for the link. :-)
I tried the procedure described, but it doesn't work. :-/

If your `Index' file doesn't contain the name for the
character set, your  program will display the following
error message:
[CUT]
SOLUTION:
Just add the following line into "Index" file, a new row
(with encoding you can use)  : "cp1251 33"

I checked in [Path]\MySQL\share\charsets, but there was no Index.
file, but instead a file called Index.xml that, between the other
code, include (with a reference to the utf8 charset and id 33):

<charset name="utf8">
  <family>Unicode</family>
  <description>UTF-8 Unicode</description>
  <alias>utf-8</alias>
  <collation name="utf8_general_ci"     id="33">
   <flag>primary</flag>
   <flag>compiled</flag>
  </collation>
  <collation name="utf8_bin"            id="83">
    <flag>binary</flag>
    <flag>compiled</flag>
  </collation>
</charset>

I created a new file called just "Index[. with no extension]" and I
wrote there the line you suggested, but it seems that the problem
persists.

I just read the other day (before writing to the ML) somewhere (right
now I don't recall precisely where, but I can look for it if you need
it for reference) that the fact that there is that new XML file
instead of the classic Index, my create some problem with some apps.

Any other thoughts?

Thank in advance.

Di Fresco Marco
http://superdif.interfree.it/
ICQ #51985192

| Spock (Court Martial - TOS): If I let go a hammer on a planet |
| having a positive gravity, I need not see it fall to know that        |
| it has, in fact fallen.                                                       |