Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Analisys platform

From: Sam Evans <wintrmte () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:37:08 -0700

Wow, what you have so far looks fantastic!!!

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:44:18 +0100 (CET), Andreas Östling
<andreaso () it su se> wrote:

Not yet, but I'm playing with a tool called Pigris that I hope I'll have
time to finish and release some time (I don't know when though). It has
the look and feel of a web-based alert browser but is a client written in
Perl/Tk that talks to the db. It works well with many sensors and events
and has some other useful features too. There are some early screenshots
and more info at http://people.su.se/~andreaso/pigris/screenshots/ if
you're interested.

You may also want to checkout Sguil at http://sguil.sf.net/. It scales
well but kind of assumes that every event (or correlated group of events)
has to be dealt with by an analyst. This can be a huge strength in some
environments but I'm not sure it would work well if you have 2 million
events a day (are your sigs really optimally tuned?)

/Andreas