Snort mailing list archives

RE: Tools for measuring throughput?

From: "Lance Boon" <lboon () firststatebanksw com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:12:12 -0600

Have you checked out smokeping?

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/smokeping/

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net
[mailto:snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net] On Behalf Of Jason
Humes
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 1:59 PM
To: 'jffnms-users () lists sourceforge net'; MRTG Mailing List;
'snort-users () lists sourceforge net'
Subject: [Snort-users] Tools for measuring throughput?

Hi
I was wondering if anyone knows of any tools/software which can be used
for
testing throughput to an IP address.  We have many clients who call in
complaining of 'slow' speeds and we graph their 'utilization' of the
link,
but currently have no way of doing a test to their public or private IP
(depending on Internet or LAN extension customer).  Maybe a tool which
uses
pings of different sizes to calculate throughput.  Any ideas.  Thanks
very
much.

--

Jason