Snort mailing list archives

Tools for measuring throughput?

From: Jason Humes <jhumes () acs on ca>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:59:28 -0500

Hi
I was wondering if anyone knows of any tools/software which can be used for
testing throughput to an IP address.  We have many clients who call in
complaining of 'slow' speeds and we graph their 'utilization' of the link,
but currently have no way of doing a test to their public or private IP
(depending on Internet or LAN extension customer).  Maybe a tool which uses
pings of different sizes to calculate throughput.  Any ideas.  Thanks very
much.

--

Jason