Snort mailing list archives

Re: Using snort on a per-instance basis....archive databases

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:27:24 -0500

--On Friday, October 29, 2004 9:31 AM -0400 Jason Humes <jhumes () acs on ca> wrote:

I would love to be able to archive the database after each
customer deployment and clean the database back to a pristine state.  Can
this be done?  I've got webmin installed on this box if that helps me out
at all.  Thanks.  Could I then, after archiving the database for
customerX, pull that archive back up and run through acid for analysis?

You might want to try the perl script I wrote, with help from a couple of other folks, for archiving a mysql/acid db.

http://www.ntsug.org/downloads.html

The tar file has a copy of the perl script, the config file and a readme. If you have any questions, email me personally.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member