Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort compiled w/MySQL?

From: Larry Wichman <larrywichman () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:13:02 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the responses. I copied the client libraries over manually and recompiled Snort with the path to them. It
seems to be working now.

Larry Wichman <larrywichman () yahoo com> wrote:I want to have a snort box send alerts to a MySQL database on another
box. Do I still need to compile it usisng "--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql"? If so, does this mean that I have to install
MySQL on the Snort box even though it will be sending alerts to another box?

http://mail.yahoo.com

Cheers,
Lawrence A. Wichman2719 W ThomasApt 2
Chicago