Snort mailing list archives

Re: FW: Snort Acid/Base PHP 5 Windows question

From: Paul Martin <pmartin () hgvc com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 22:36:45 -0400

How long has the server been running? I ran into this before I started rotating my MySQL database. It got huge and unwieldy, and took about 90 seconds per page load. Purged the database, started with a new one, I'm getting 2 second loads.

Just my experience, YMMV.

Paul Martin
Network Technician
Hilton Grand Vacations Co.
(407) 393-3034
pmartin () hgvc com

Gasper, Rick wrote:

More info (If anyone cares)

OS windows 2003

Php 5.02

MYSQL verion 4.021

I used the article at www.winsnort.com <http://www.winsnort.com/> titled: Installing a complete IDS using IIS 5/6 Webserver

My problem is that I get slow performance from Acid OR Base. It takes a long time for the web page to load. I used those pieces because they were listed in the article available here: http://www.winsnort.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=listarticles&secid=9 <http://www.winsnort.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=listarticles&secid=9>

I installed Base because ACID doesn’t seem to be supported.

I used the latest software where ever I could. I read the several articles about mysql support being pulled in PHP 5 and saw that the support is now done with extensions. I tried everything I could find and decided to ask if anyone has done this.

Rick