Snort mailing list archives

FW: Snort Acid/Base PHP 5 Windows question

From: "Gasper, Rick" <rjgasper () kings edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:35:01 -0400

More info (If anyone cares)

OS windows 2003

Php 5.02

MYSQL verion 4.021

I used the article at www.winsnort.com <http://www.winsnort.com/>
titled: Installing a complete IDS using IIS 5/6 Webserver

My problem is that I get slow performance from Acid OR Base. It takes a
long time for the web page to load.  I used those pieces because they
were listed in the article available here:
http://www.winsnort.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&;
req=listarticles&secid=9

I installed Base because ACID doesn't seem to be supported.

I used the latest software where ever I could. I read the several
articles about mysql support being pulled in PHP 5 and saw that the
support is now done with extensions. I tried everything I could find and
decided to ask if anyone has done this.

Rick