Snort mailing list archives

Help on making an output plugin

From: monk <monge () aeiou pt>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:59:31 GMT

Hello everyone!

I need to make an output plugin for snort that writes alerts in XML in
a MySQL database. I need like a fusion of spo_xml and spo_database,
except that I need a different XML from the one from xml output
plugin. I also need only one table on MySQL.
Can anyone give a little guidance on this? I'm kind a new to snort,
but I'm already amazed with it's power.
Another thing. Is it mandatory to the output plugin to run really
fast? Or it can take it's time? :-)

Thanks,
Luis Monge.