Snort mailing list archives

Run Snort -D upon start up

From: "McKeeman, Samuel" <smckeeman () ingdirect com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:55:00 -0500

Hello,

            I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to start snort
when the computer starts and have it run in daemon mode.  Here is the
situation, I have sensors with dual NICs and we have a pre configured
package, those machines work fine, but I have built a test sensor with a
single NIC and I want it to run upon start up.  Snort already starts
upon boot but does not log to the database until I go to the command
line and type snort -D  I have changed the Interface to reflect the sing
NIC in /etc/sysconfig/snort, is there another file that needs to be
changed? I am running it on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, any help would be
appreciated.

Sam McKeeman

Network Services

ING Direct

302-255-3906

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you believe you have received the message in error,
please notify the sender and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.