Snort mailing list archives

Re: valid ICMP traffic

From: sekure <sekure () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:14:41 -0500

Suppress, threshold, or pass

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:59:11 +0530, support <support () sitel-india com> wrote:

Hi,

My snort is very much working fine with really good results. But a small
query

I suppose snort should not detect normal ICMP traffic ( ie of ping to any IP
of 32 K ) since it's  a valid traffic. But I my case it does detect such
traffic which I do not to detected.

Kindly let me know how to get out of this.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rajendra

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________