Snort mailing list archives

RE: Syslogging question

From: "Steve" <snort () dawson family name>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:52:34 +1000

Rich,

I *think* I've done all that. I've uncommented the "output syslog_alert"
line in snort.conf, so alerts should be going to syslog. I've added the line
to syslog.conf to forward to my host (and that's working because I get lots
of other messages forwarded just fine). It forwards ALL messages (*.*). Even
rebooted after all changes to be sure.

There must be something else I need to change in Snort to get alerts sent to
syslog. Who knows what?

Steve