Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort sensor IDs

From: "Jeff Dell" <jdell () activeworx com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:10:16 -0400

If you are using bpf filters, try adding "ignore_bpf=yes" to your output
database line in your snort.conf. I just checked the docs and it is not
there.. I guess it is currently an undocumented feature...  If your sensor
name keeps changing, you can add the option sensor_name=<blah>. but you can
not have multiple sensors writing to the same database as the same sensor
name, it will have issues.

Jeff

  _____