Snort mailing list archives

Re: acid empty but mysql working

From: Dirk Geschke <dirk () geschke-online de>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 22:37:56 +0200

Hi Adam,

and barnyard.conf configured as follows:

config hostname: localhost
config interface: eth1
output alert_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database snort, server
ids2.ops.domain.com , user snort, password snort
output log_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database snort, server
ids2.domain.pirtgroup.com , user snort, password snort , detail full

[...]

data appears in the db in almost all tables but _NOTHING_ is showing
up in ACID.  Also the sensor table is empty, and the acid_* tables are
empty, isnt that supposed to be populated by barnyard?

 anybody know why acid wont view all the data that exists in my DB?

I guess the problem results from the missing sensor table entry.

If you mention a sensor_id greater zero in output alert_acid_db
then barnyard will use this id without checking if it exists.

So at first remove either this part or set: sensor_id 0

BTW: A hostname of localhost is a bad sensor name...

Best regards

Dirk