Snort mailing list archives

RE: Re: Updating Rules

From: "Thompson, Jimi" <JimiT () mail cox smu edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:26:46 -0500

We use a "trusted host" that uses PKI to authenticate and SSH out to
each of the SNORT sensors to push new rules out.  It's scripted and when
we push new rules, we kick off the script.  It goes out, writes the new
rules to each sensor and then restarts SNORT.  It's fairly simple to
write.  I'd attach it, but our hostnames are hard coded in.

Jimi