Snort mailing list archives

Re: Help on Acid

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:44:04 -0400

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 16:34, Jose Maria Lopez wrote:
El vie, 24 de 09 de 2004 a las 01:53, Alberto Hernandez Prado escribió:
I just installed snort 2.2.0 and got the latest versions of php, mysql etc. But now I have a problem when I tried
to go into the acid page on my server, I got an error saing that php5.x.x  is older than php 4.x.x and I should
upgrade it. Does anybody know if this error is because Acid does not support php5? shoud I use prior php version?

Thanks for the help

Alberto

I have the impression that ACID is not very often mantained, so maybe
it doesn't work properly with your version of PHP. As an idea I could
tell you to try BASE, the new project forked from ACID, I think they
are doing some good things with the base ACID code.

First, I would like to thank you for the kind words regarding the BASE
project.  I did want to let you know that BASE does support PHP 5.0 and
we will be releasing the next version in the next week or two.  This
version will include the start of a user authentication system along
with various bug fixes.  I would have responded sooner but Hurricane
Jeanne knocked out power and the internet connection here.

Thanks
Kevin
BASE Project Lead
The next step in IDS analysis!