Snort mailing list archives

RE: E-mail alerting

From: "Andy" <andy () page55 com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:59:57 -0500

JUST SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
you wrote:
    I was busy with my work for past three days,I didn't even check snort
list.Just now,I checked my mails,saw ur request.Well,I could not get into a
conclusion,what might be     >  the error.Send the line in ur
script(ie,/root/.swatch_script.3238 ),where the error points out.I think,the
mail-id was the problem
for the error.

this is line 125 that was giving me the error before I removed the ADDRESS
portion of the mail command:
 $swatch_last_flush = $swatch_time_now;
    }

    if (/Priority/) {
        &Swatch::Actions::send_email('ADDRESSES' => "andy\@page55.com",
'MESSAGE' => "$_", 'SUBJECT' => "--- Snort IDS Alert ---", );
        &Swatch::Actions::exec_command('MESSAGE' => "$_", 'COMMAND' => "echo
$0 >> /var/log/snort", );
      next;

AND FYI, I DID verify that snort is actively logging .....

thanks,
Andy