Snort mailing list archives

RE: E-mail alerting

From: Jose Maria Lopez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: 14 Sep 2004 22:18:18 +0200

El lun, 13 de 09 de 2004 a las 19:00, M Shirk escribió:
Swatch creates files for the user who is running swatch. So if you start
swatch as root, it checks /root/.swatchrc for your configuration and creates
the .script files.

Someone else could verify this but I think it compiles the perl script with
your configuration options in the .swatchrc file.

The Global symbol error is a perl error, check your .swatchrc file and look
for @page55, and check the actual Swatch script for this string. It may be a
here document or some formatting that is messed up and being interpreted as
code.

Shirkdog
http://www.shirkdog.us

He can also check the script that is created by swatch and
that it's giving the error. Swatch creates a script file
for each run, and that file contains the actual code that
swatch is running. It can help to find the error in the
real swatchrc file.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC