Snort mailing list archives

RE: I am using Patrick Harper's guide still have pr oblems !!

From: Jose Maria Lopez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: 14 Sep 2004 22:18:20 +0200

El lun, 13 de 09 de 2004 a las 20:11, Truax, Shawn (MBS) escribió:
Hi Juan,

Been following the conversation here.  The problem isn't that no one
uses Linux.  The problem is its free, which equals no vendor, which
equals no support.  You can't just call up your local O/S vendor to
ask for help, unless you have purchased a support contract from
someone like Redhat.

If you look at how much does it cost Windows XP Pro and you compare
it to Redhat with support you will find Redhat provides you more
support than Windows.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC