Snort mailing list archives

RE: General snort question

From: "McCash, John" <John.McCash () andrew com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:39:49 -0500

Wendell,
        You only need all of those things on your back end database
server. The sensors (as I recall) will require mysql to be installed,
because the snort binary references the mysql library (unless you link
it statically). You don't need an actual database installed on the
sensor though. Just configure the database output plugins on all of your
sensors to report to the database on your database/web server, and
you're good to go. You don't have to run the database and the web
servers on the same machine either, if you don't want to.
                John McCash