Snort mailing list archives

RE: How to dump a certain number of tcp packets (for TCPDUMP) when an alert is fired

From: "Loch Theary" <Theary.Loch () atosorigin com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 18:59:28 +0200

Yes, I've tried that. But in this case, you do log all packets in tcpdump format and not only the selected rules.
And doing so, I don't how many hard disks you will need for a big big network ! And If you want to investigate further
for some alerts, you will have to deal with all alert ...

I'm wondering if there is other ways to deal with the tcpdump format than addinf the log_tcpdump directive in
snort.conf.