Snort mailing list archives

Re: nic card in promisc mode recives ip from dhcp !!

From: Jose Maria Lopez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: 06 Sep 2004 18:06:50 +0200

El lun, 06 de 09 de 2004 a las 14:30, Juan Fernandez escribió:
Hi !!!

I have a Rh machine with 2 nics, one of the nics I put in promisc mode

 but it steel receives an ip from the dhcp server, how I can prevent
it

 from receiving the ip address ?

Being or not in promisc mode doesn't have anything to do with the
card receiving an IP address from the DHCP server or not. Change
BOOTPROTO=static for BOOTPROTO=none. I have it this way and it
works well.

The config in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 is like this:

# Intel Corp.|82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro 100]

DEVICE=eth1

PROMISC=yes

ONBOOT=no

BOOTPROTO=static