Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort in a cluster

From: "Joshua Berry" <jberry () PENSON COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 15:05:47 -0500

One effective way to monitor multiple segments and aggregate
asymmetrical links while balancing the load across multiple sensors is
with an appliance like TopLayer's IDS Balancer.  Then you don't need the
BPF filters at all, however, this solution is very pricey.

By the way, what are some of the competitors to TopLayer's IDSB, or are
there any?  I have been having trouble finding a comparison to base
pricing on.