Snort mailing list archives

RE: Urgent..please... Help: Php4.3.3 installation on RH9

From: Jose Maria Lopez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: 05 Sep 2004 20:58:24 +0200

El dom, 05 de 09 de 2004 a las 20:51, support escribió:
Hi!

Thanks a lot for your great help.

After re-installation of apache and php everything worked fine and even
installation and configuration of snort,and acid is complete now.
But acid console is not showing any of the alerts. There are not any
logs recorded in acid.
When I tried to confirm if snort is working with ps -ef | grep snort, it
doesn't show the snort.
Also I tried using the command snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf but system
pushes the message that snort is not a command. Snort is not found in
/usr/sbin.

Can I please get help to come out of this problem. I have not yet
upgraded to fedora due to some problems and still using rh9.

Thanks and regards
Mayur Pathak

Have you checked you have put the correct lines in the
snort.conf file so it logs to the database. If you've done so
then you should use ethereal to see what traffic is being
sent from snort to the database and you can also see the logs
to find any error messages regarding the connection with the
database. You can also check with something like phpMyAdmin
if the mysql tables are being loaded with data, if the tables
have data and it's not shown in Acid then it's an Acid
configuration problem. You should follow the Acid documentation
instructions step by step.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC