Snort mailing list archives

RE: Urgent..please... Help: Php4.3.3 installation on RH9

From: "support" <support () sitel-india com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 02:43:36 +0530

Hi!
Thanks a lot for your great help.

After re-installation of apache and php everything worked fine and even
installation and configuration of snort,and acid is complete now.
But acid console is not showing any of the alerts. There are not any
logs recorded in acid.
When I tried to confirm if snort is working with ps -ef | grep snort, it
doesn't show the snort.

Can I please get help to come out of this problem. I have not yet
upgraded to fedora due to some problems and still using rh9.

Thanks and regards
Mayur Pathak

As foyour problem.   You typo'd, seen it hundreds of times.  rm -rf /www
then start at the apache install portion again.  BUT RH 9 is no longer
supported.  Move to fedora http://fedora.redhat.com I have an updated
install doc on my website (there is a link to the page in the doc you
are
using)  Try that.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

www.ntsug.org - Snort Users Group

"If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, get down there and light
the
damn thing yourself!"