Snort mailing list archives

Re: Getting more paranoid by the minute. :-/

From: "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste () smxy org>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 23:06:36 -0400

Chris Burton wrote:

Other than that, just make sure that oinkmaster is up
and working to keep the client current.

I haven't run across that term yet, but I presume that's the tool that automates rule updates. I'll be sure to make sure it's running. Thanks.

I'm also learning ethereal, and nessus. So much to learn, so little time ... but I'm having fun. I enjoy a challenge, and learning all this security stuff is *definitely* a challenge. :)

        -ste