Snort mailing list archives

Re: Kernel space

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:34:50 -0400

At 04:12 AM 6/16/2004, Cédric BLIN wrote:
I want to know if someone have already though to migrate Snort into the
kernel space ?

*shudder*.

It's been suggested before, and such things do have good uses, but I for one wouldn't want to get anywhere near it.

Yeah, it'd be fast, but given snorts high complexity and history of security holes I don't think I'd want it in my kernel.