Snort mailing list archives

RE: Help please: libpcre.so.0: cannot open shared...

From: "Corey Rock" <snort_sigs () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 17:10:16 +0000

Is this installed?

pcre - Perl-compatible regular expression library

From: "David" <dwad24 () excite com>
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Help please: libpcre.so.0: cannot open shared...
Date: Fri,  4 Jun 2004 14:10:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hey Gustavo,This may be a wild shot in the dark, but what is your environment variable $LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to? You can check by doing this: echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH If this comes up blank, or if the path to your libpcre.so.0 isn't there, you may need to add the path to your libpcre.so.0 library to that variable. For example: If your libpcre.so.0 resides in /usr/local/lib, you will need to add /usr/local/lib to that variable by doing thisin sh/bash/ksh:LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATHexport LD_LIBRARY_PATHand in csh/tcsh (my syntax may be wrong); set LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH If none of this is the case, make sure that permissions are ok, and make sure that if libpcre.so.0 is a symlink, that the file it is linked to exists as well. HTH, Dave--- On Fri 06/04, Gustavo Gomes &lt; gustavo () auge com br &gt; wrote:From: Gustavo Gomes [mailto: gustavo () auge com br]To: snort-users@lists.sourceforge.netDate: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:28:10 -0300Subject: [Snort-users] Help please: libpcre.so.0: cannot open shared...

Hello people, I´ve just finished to install snort in a PC and I got an error when I tryed to start snort: "/etc/init.d/snort start Starting Intrusion Database System: SNORT/usr/local/bin/snort: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory " Can anyone help me to fix this error? I´ve scanned the google and archive list of users and development in snort.org but I´ve not found nothing!

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com