Snort mailing list archives

BARE BYTE UNICODE ENCODING

From: "Annie Green" <annie_r_green () hotmail com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 08:34:33 +0800

Hi

I have a question regarding the bare byte unicode encoding alert. Appreciate all the explanation and clarification.

What does it mean if the packet that trigger this alert is the TCP "ACK" packet. When I traced back, I couldn't find the "SYN" packet. Is this always the case that any packet that cause "BARE BYTE UNICODE ENCODING" is the ACK packet?

Regards,
Annie