Snort mailing list archives

Re: Integrate Snort with Remedy, Anyone Please???

From: Jeff Nathan <jeff () snort org>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:48:45 -0500

The New York State University at Buffalo has been developing ARS Perl for Remedy Action Request system for years. The website for arsperl is http://arsinfo.cit.buffalo.edu/perl/index.html

As I suspect you're already aware, Snort can generate a significant number of alerts depending on how you've configured it. I'd use the thresholding features within Snort carefully to ensure you don't created hundreds of tickets in Remedy.

With this in mind, you could parse XML formatted Snort alerts and create remedy tickets using ARS Perl.

It's been many years since I've used ARS Perl, so I can't comment on how well it works.

Good luck.

- -Jeff