Snort mailing list archives

Re: mysql_error: Access denied for user: 'snort@localhost' (Using password: YES)

From: "Leonard Miller" <Leonard.Miller () udlp com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 14:37:34 -0600

Ok if you can log in from the shell with
mysql -u snort -p -D snort
then you should be able to start snort.

Uncomment the following lines in your config file
# output log_tcpdump: tcpdump.log

# output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort dbname=snort
host=localhost
and change whatever needs to be changed in that line.

Check it again and post that section again if you can't get it.

<dlambeth () starmountain com> 01/06/04 03:16PM >>>
I think I finally got it. Thanks so much for your help guys.

Okay guys, I got to where at least I can login from the shell with
snort
user. But, when I try to start snort from the shell promt it fails
with:

mysql_error: Access denied for user: 'snort@localhost' (Using password:
YES)

Any Ideas?