Snort mailing list archives

RE: where can i find ms_unicode_generator

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:42:07 -0500

At 11:23 AM 1/6/2004, Peter Robb wrote:
The docs say in the Snort contrib directory of your download site

Yes, however, the point is that said .c file is NOT where the docs say.

Koay has actually been repeatedly posting this same question over-and-over again.. (12/28, 1/5, 1/8)

At this point, I suspect it is INTENDED that the ms_unicode_generator.c be included in the contrib directory, but it is not there, nor is it in the contrib section of the website. Looks like an oversight to me.

It appears that the snort-current.tar.gz correctly contains this file in it's contrib directory, so it's an issue that's been noticed and fixed, but has not yet made it into an "official" release.

You can get the "current" cvs snapshot tarball from:
http://www.snort.org/dl/snapshots/

Please note that the "current" snapshot is a developer release and might contain bugs, but it does have the file you want. I'd download it just to get the unicode generator you need and not use the version of snort in it (unless you want to play with some of the new, possibly untested, features that the snort devels are adding).