Snort mailing list archives

Help needed with logs

From: Peggy Kam <ppkam () n-dsi com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:51:35 -0500

Hi,

I am running snort-2.0.4 on RH9. I would like to know how the alerts are logged to the log file? ie. during the ID process, are the alerts being temporary stored in a buffer and then output all the alerts at once in a file or are they being written to a file every single time an alert is triggered by the packet? The reason why I am asking is that I would like to know if I am able to move the logs to another log file when the default log file reaches its size limitation.

Thanks in advance,
Peggy